Rental Terms and Conditions
MAKE SURE EVERYONE IN YOUR GROUP TRAVELS TO AND FROM MEXICO WITH A VALID PASSPORT.
The apartments or villas are privately owned and furnished by the owner. Stereos, VCR, extra beds or extra TVs are not standard equipment, Caribbean Realty -Puerto Aventuras Rentals is not responsible for providing additional items required by your party.
Rental Payment Schedule:
50% deposit of total rental is required to confirm your reservation and must be received within 7 days after reservation is made.
Condos: Rental balance, value added tax and security deposit must be received no less than 60 days.
Villas: Rental balance, fees and taxes payable 60 days prior to arrival.
Reservations made less than 60 days of arrival: Full rate, tax, fees and damage deposit are due when reservation are booked.
-Holiday Rentals must be paid in full 60 days prior to arrival:
No bookings are valid until we receive a deposit payment and a completed booking form returned to us.
Cancelations: We know that emergencies can occur or plans can change. We strongly encourage our guests to Purchase Travel Insurance. If you have to cancel your reservations the following assessments will apply:
- 61+ days prior to arrival date full refund less administration fee.
- 31 - 60 days prior to arrival 50% of rent (ie deposit paid)
- Less than 30 days prior to arrival $100% of rent.
All cancelations will be effective on the date a written notice is received by e/mail or fax in our office. All cancellations incur a fee of $150 US
There are no refunds on canceled holiday reservations.
Holidays are defined as the weeks of: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Easter.
If a refund is applicable: It will be processed within two weeks in the same form as payment was received. Cancelations could be subject not only to the cancelation penalties but also up to a $200 US dollar cancelation fee depending on the property.
Security Damage deposits:
Required on all rentals. Any damages to the home, its contents or condition; any breach of rental agreement or violation of rules; loss of keys, towels or linens; or excessive cleaning fees will be deducted from your security deposit. Condo rental refunds may take up to two weeks. For villas where telephone is for guest use may take up to 60 days and is dependent upon when the telephone bill has been received.
Please notice that we are not always the exclusive agent for some of the properties advertized in our website so we must confirm all reservations with owners, management agent or agency, first, we will notify you within 72 hours of acceptance of your reservation. We will do our best to accommodate you in your reservation request. if due to circumstances beyond our control, a reserved accommodation becomes unavailable or uninhabitable, substitute accommodations will be offered. If you decline our offer for a substitution of a home at same rate value, external agent or agency cancelation policy will apply.
Use of Property:
All of our rental condos are privately owned and located in good quality residential areas. Clients who choose to rent one of our condos are embarking on a self-catering condo vacation and should understand that they will not be staying in a hotel style environment. Adjoining condos will in most cases be occupied by full time residents and we ask that you to respect their privacy. Please help us to maintain this peaceful environment by respecting the following conviviality rules:
- Avoid excessive noise, especially at night
- Avoid inviting people which attitude is contrary to accepted standards of behavior. Drug usage and prostitution are strictly forbidden.
- Should you have a car, please use only the parking places attributed to your building.
- No pets are allowed in the premises or the residence.
- In order to respect local customs, it is recommended not to go topless at the pool.
- Cleaning service is provided once in a weekly stay. Additional service can be provided with at least 24 hour notice and incurres an extra fee each time service is provided. :
- We will NOT rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent for the duration of the rental period.
- Use of a dwelling other than family vacations such as weddings, gatherings or large parties must be approved in advance by the property management and/or owner. In all cases loud music or gatherings in common areas are not allowed after 9:00 PM. Your party shall not exceed the number of people indicated in rental agreement.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in any of the rental properties.
- Only the number of people reflected in the Rental Agreement are permitted to over-night at the dwelling.
- On arrival guest must present a signed copy of rental agreement to property administrator. Access may be denied if number of guest exceeds the maximum occupancy.
- There is zero tolerance of illicit drug use in the premises or common property. Mexico Illegal drug use is strictly prohibited and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Mexican prison environment is quite different from other jurisdictions. Any guests or their visitors using or possessing illegal drugs, illegal substances or allowing prostitution in the rental property or premises will be evicted immediately and the local authorities will be contacted. The Registering Guest shall forfeit all amounts paid and there will be no refund of moneys. It is understood that the undersigned is responsible for the actions of their guests and for seeing that all guests occupying the rental property have read and will abide the property rules and policies set forth in the rental agreement and our web site.
- GUEST assures Caribbean Realty and associate agencies, agents and property owners, that a tenant who violates any of the terms of this Agreement shall be immediately denied occupancy and shall remedy at their cost any damages or other expenses, which are caused by the guest and/or the guest, guest(s). Deviation from the preceding provisions: Will result in immediate forfeit of moneys paid. Additional charges to be paid on site and/or eviction. Be informed that at any time before, during, or after your stay, your information may be shared with www.guestchecker.com
If the vacation home is put on the market for sale. Every effort will be made to schedule brief showings at a time convenient to you.
CONSERVE ENERGY, close all doors and windows when you have the A/C on. Turn off A/C when you go out.
Depending on the property check in is 3.P.M. Check out 11.A.M - Vacation home entry instructions will be sent a week prior to arrival - Please do not enter the premises before check in time.
Construction or Noise Disturbance: There is no requirement for builders to notify the public prior to a project starting. So while there may be no construction near the property at the time you make a booking, there is no guarantee that there will not be construction when you arrive. The Riviera Maya is a highly desired vacation area, we do not investigate the pollution of loud music or noise problems affecting commercial addresses. We cannot move guests, re-schedule, or make price adjustments due to noise, loud music or construction.
Petty theft has occurred in some properties: Agent and Owner assume no responsibility for insuring that the residence is locked and secured during the period of occupation by Guests. Do not leave valuables unattended. Use the safe boxes provided for your valuables. If you rent a car, keep your valuables hidden from public view.
Weather: No refunds due to bad weather or hurricanes; including any inconvenience or complication caused by a hurricanes direct hit, near miss, or significant threat of a hurricane strike. Hurricanes are by nature unpredictable and an act of God. Clients are encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance to protect their vacation investment.
Every effort is made to ensure all information provided in our website http://www.PuertoAventurasRentals.com is accurate and complete. However, we cannot be held responsible for typographical errors omissions, price changes, and, but not limited to, changes made by owners in furnishings, equipment, bed arrangements, owners changing their listings, or views offered by the property changing after printing or publishing to the internet. Etc. If you have specific questions on the property you will be renting please e-mail us or give us a call.
Rental Refunds: Guest agrees that once they have checked into the property, no refund will be given for early check outs. For no shows: All monies paid will be forfeited. For any other refunds; Compensation will not exceed the amount of $50.00 usd. Simply stated, once you have entered into an agreement to rent a property, you are binding yourself to that property for that time. There should be no expectation of compensation or relocation because you are dissatisfied with the property or something in the property isn't working to your satisfaction. Unlike a hotel we can't relocate you without specific authorization from the home owner. As previously stated we will make every effort to correct any malfunctions or problems encountered, but no refunds should be expected.
Travel Insurance- For Your Protection!- I understand that I am urged to take out adequate insurance coverage to protect my vacation investment against cancellation due to illness, flight cancelations, etc. I understand that in the event of becoming ill during our vacation, or having to cut our vacation short, all hospital and medical expenses are my responsibility and I shall not be entitled to any refund either total or partial. I accept that Caribbean Realty agents, agencies, or property owners, are not responsible for, nor will I attempt to hold Caribbean Realty, its employees, associate agencies, agents and property owners - liable for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond Caribbean Realty or a suppliers reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, flight cancelations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, hurricanes or other weather conditions.
Sending payment in response to rental invoice constitutes your acceptance and agreement to above terms. Conditions, limitations and restrictions as printed above. If you have any questions with any of the preceding, please BE SURE to email or phone us BEFORE you send us your rental deposit monies.
Guest signing rental Agreement must be at least 25 years of age and will be held responsible for all other parties on compliance with this Agreement.