Common Questions about Vacation Rental Homes
If I am driving how do I get to Puerto Aventuras?
Upon leaving the Cancun airport turn right (south) onto Highway 307 headed toward Playa Del Carmen/Tulum/Chetumal. Drive approximately 45 miles (75 km) (just 12 minutes south of Playa Del Carmen) and you will see on your left an entrance that says "Puerto Aventuras" and a bridge, get in the right-hand lane (do not go over the bridge) there is a circle (roundabout) under the bridge, turn left onto the circle drive around and turn north heading to the entrance of Puerto Aventuras. If you miss the turning and go over the bridge, not to worry, head south a couple of minutes and take the Barcelo Hotel return and head north towards Puerto Aventuras. Upon arrival Puerto Aventuras, Drive-thru the "Security checkpoint" security personal will ask the address where you are going, proceed and drive straight ahead - follow the road straight down and follow the road around to the left at the "Information Center". Continue left, keeping the golf course on your left-hand side. the Caribbean Realty office is just in front of the Golf & Racquet Club office.
If I am driving how do I get to Playa Del Carmen?
From the Cancun International airport. Exit out of the airport, stay to the right when approaching the highway. Follow signs directing you South toward CHETUMAL and TULUM. About 45 minutes drive will put you in the city of Playa Del Carmen. There are Pemex gas stations along the way. As you approach Playa del Carmen the road median will widen with grassy hills and a large like `Coin` monument on top of one. There is a return for making a U-turn to go back to Cancun, continue and the median will reduce to a cement divider. Stay in the left lane but DO NOT make the U-turn. At the 2nd set of traffic lights beyond the `Coin looking monument turn left. This is Avenida Constituyentes (there is a Pemex gas station on your left at the intersection). This road goes to the beach, two blocks before you get to the beach this is 5 Avenue.
How do I get into my rental condo or villa?
Instructions will be sent to you before arrival, key lockbox access to enter the property. Make sure you print such a letter and bring it with you.
How can I order food or drink pre-stocking for my vacation?
To have groceries in your condo prior to arrival you can do it online with
Jairo from "Loqsea" they do grocery delivery to your property:
http://www.rivieramayagroceries.com/ The minimum order is the US $150.00 and a delivery charge of $25 USD will also be applied to your order. You can pay by PayPal only.
How many times do we get Villa/Condo cleaning?
Housekeeping service is provided:
Puerto Aventuras: Once in a week's stay.
Playa del Carmen: Once in a week stay
Extra cleaning service is available on request. (Charges apply)
In selected properties cleaning service is provided daily, please request information.
Is purified water provided in accommodations?
Two bottles will be provided at no cost in condo prior to check in.
Water delivery is available $60 pesos per bottle payable to the delivery person.
Is there A/C in the property I am renting?
Most properties offer central or zoned air conditioning. When running the A/C make sure all doors and windows are shut. This will prevent the units from condensing or tripping breakers.
PLEASE TURN OFF THE A/C WHEN YOU ARE OUT Please consider the environment. Electricity is very expensive in this part of Mexico.
Are beach towels provided?
Yes, please make sure you do not leave them at the pool or beach, if you lose the towels they will be charged against your security deposit
Can I get cooking services and what is the charge?
Please contact Anatolia Romero. Charges vary according to menus and the number of people.
Is babysitting service available if need it?
For babysitting services please contact us. Please give us as much notice as you can.
Can cribs and highchairs be arranged at the villa or condo?
If you need a crib and high chair please let us know in advance so this can be arranged to be in place for your arrival. Extra fee applies per each item.
Is it safe to drink water from the tap in the condo or Villa I am renting?
Use the water jug in the kitchen to drink, cook, and make coffee and ice. Do not drink the water out of the tap (we also recommend bottled water for cleaning your teeth) The water from the tap is safe for taking showers.
Do you offer a massage service?
Should you wish to have a relaxing massage, we can arrange this for you, please contact Anatolia Romero.
How much to tip the house cleaners?
Tipping is discretionary! If you enjoy their service (we know you will), please tip the housekeepers.
Condos: If you are staying in a condo we recommend 20 to 30 US per week at the end of your holiday.
Villas: As a guide, we would recommend between $50 -100 for each housekeeper and $50-100 to be split between maintenance or between 3 and 5% of the rental total. Please tip cooks separately, we would recommend 20% (food plus service charge).
About grocery shopping in Puerto Aventuras?
There is an OXXO convenient store right in front of Omni parking area another grocery shops in Puerto located around the marina, and also Acento's Delicatessen, big supermarket Chedraui is located right in front of Puerto Aventuras main entrance
We recommend doing your main grocery shopping in Playa del Carmen (here you will have more selection and lower prices).
About grocery shopping in Playa del Carmen?
- Grocery Stores:
- Sams: Location: Highway 307, at the entrance of Playacar
- Wal-Mart: Location: 30th avenue between 8th and 10th street
- Soriana (Centro Maya Mall, opposite Sams Wholesale, south of Playa)
- Mega Comercial: Location: 30th Ave. between 16th St. and Constituyentes
- Chedraui: Location: On Highway 307 South of Ave. Juarez
- DAC Produce (30th Avenue, north of Constitutientes Street)
- Pascadeli (Constitutientes Street and 50th Street, in the Ejido)
- Wine and Liquor:
The Winery (on 5th Street 34 and 38th Avenue,)
COVI Liquors (Main Hwy and Constitutientes)
Numbers to call In case of an emergency?
- Police emergency phone from a local phone just dial 066
- Ambulance service (984) 806 2250
- Hyperbaric Chamber - Medical Service in Playa del Carmen hyperbaric services for diving-related injuries. Ph. (984)873-1365 Location: 10th Avenue and Calle 28.
- Playa med- Medical Service in Playa del Carmen- Hospital and emergency room services. Tel 984-879-3114 -Location: Hwy 307 and Calle 28, on the west side of the highway. Open 24 hrs, daily.
- Hospiten Medical Services in Playa del Carmen - bilingual service. Full hospital with all medical and emergency services. Ph 984-803-1002 -Location: Hwy 307 on the Northbound side near the Playacar entrance.
- Dr. Gustavo Ambriz- Medical Services in Riviera Maya since 1989. House calls and also located in The Royal, Playa del Carmen. Travel and Diving Medicine. Trained in USA Germany and Switzerland. Fluent in English and German and understand French and Italian. [email protected] Location: 1St. Ave. and Constituyentes Ave. Open 10 AM-6 PM, Mon-Sat
- Dr. Miguel Galindez 24 hours on call Cell (984) 745 0486.
Puerto Aventuras Rentals Team.
Anatolia Romero: Reservations USA (915) 234 3866 - MX +52 (984) 873 5218
Judith Barrios: Head housekeeping +52 (984) 146 8302
Leopoldina Perez de Leon
Cleaning Services + 52 (984) 134 4429